The Paul Wallin Scholarship
Sponsored by West University Little League
The Wallin Scholarship is awarded to a WULL Player in memory of Paul Wallin. Deadline for applications is 5 p.m. on May 11, 2018.
- An applicant must have played at least one year in West University Little League.
- An applicant must be a May/June graduate of a Houston-area high school.
- An applicant must be a college-bound. (The scholarship is for Freshman Year only.)
- An applicant must have a grade point average of 2.5 or above.
- An applicant must have participated in one school sport and have been active in athletics for at least two (2) years during high school.
- An applicant must characterize the qualities of Discipline, Desire, and Dedication.
- An applicant must submit the following written materials: (1) a letter from the applicant to the Wallin Scholarship Committee; (2) no more than four letters of recommendation; and (3) a completed application form, with certifying signatures. The applicant's letter should describe the applicant's academic and athletic achievements as well as the applicant's exemplification of the attributes of Desire, Discipline and Dedication.
The application materials must be received by the Wallin Scholarship Committee on or before May 11, 2018 at 5:00 PM. The materials should be mailed or delivered to:
Wallin Scholarship Committee
Attn: Chick Chickering
Houston, Texas 77005
- The Wallin Scholarship Committee will notify the scholarship recipient of the award before closing ceremonies. The scholarship check will be presented to the recipient at the West University Little League Closing Ceremonies on Thursday, May 18, 2017.
- The scholarship amount is $2,000.00.